Why can’t I get past the Identity Document or Liveness Test (Selfie)?
While we have over 99.9% device stability sometimes individual devices may have difficulties, which include:
- Capturing may be difficult with lower-end devices due to camera resolution
- Dirty or oily camera lenses may make blur/glare hard to avoid.
- Device damage such as normal ageing, wear and tear, and faulty parts.
Following these steps, in order, will ensure you can resolve your difficulties in the shortest time possible:
- If you already have the ID-Pal app installed on your phone, please delete it.
- Restart your device.
- Clean your camera lenses on the front and back of your device.
- Click on the link via the text you received from One4all to re-install the ID-Pal app.
- When capturing your Identity Document/Liveness Test:
- Avoid overhead lights to reduce glare.
- Place your ID on a high contrast background (a different, solid colour).
- If the auto-capture isn’t capturing your document, wait a few seconds and you will be offered a manual capture option.
- If capturing manually as above, fill as much of the screen with the ID card as possible without cutting it off as this will help with lower resolution cameras.
- If the above doesn’t work, please forward the link to a different device, and try again from that device as your problems may be related to device damage.